Monday, July 19, 2010

Hammered bronze and sterling cuff -- day 1 -- Dawn E. Bryant

Okay, after being sidetracked by sick kids, sick hubby, sewer backups in the basement and the death of a good friend, I am finally getting started on my own cuff for this challenge. Since I love all things two-toned (gold and silver) I decided to go with bronze (for affordability) and sterling. I have formed the cuff frame and hammered it for texture. I have also made interior components out of hammered bronze, although there will be a few changes to those components. The frame and components will be held together with sterling fine gauge wire. The biggest decision for me will be whether or not to add beads. For now, no. So, off t take kids to swimming lessons, work on a beaded cabochon project and do some more work on this cuff. No rest for the weary, LOL.

Dawn E. Bryant

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh....I see you are starting out ambitious! I can't wait to see what you both come up with. You have to share all the road blocks too, so I can learn! (and other people too!)
    Cheers, Dawn Blair

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, roadblocks -- The main one here would be that I am not sure this cuff is big enough! I may end up remaking the frame and making it larger. This one is only 5.5 inches long, so it may come up a bit short. I have tiny wrists though, so perhaps it will work after all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. above comment left by Dawn E. Bryant -- I forgot to sign it, sorry!

    Dawn E. Bryant

    ReplyDelete