Monday, July 19, 2010

day 3


I have sent the cuff with the pinched to centre to watch over my junk pot and have resurrected my first attempt.  I promise I will not switch back ( unless some unforeseen damage should occur to this cuff) Oh! like a house falling on it.  I have used 14 gauge copper hammer the front. I had to get rid of the heart shaped closure because the cuff was huge for my wrist.  The little thing that is there now is so badley mangled I don't know what I will do right now, hopefully something will come.  The side has been filled in with 26 gauge silver (not real, it came from a craft store)  hammered and made into swirls , little silver balls and very small clear Swar. Crystal.  In these pics they  have just been set in the frame in rough. I will put them in with copper wire tomorrow night
Penny

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Penny! You are brave! I haven't attempted anything filigree yet. I am thinking I should start with earrings if I try that. I see others doing it, but doing closed wire work is something I don't feel secure about. Of course, I have never really tried it... so that's why...
    You rock! I finished my "Penny inspired cinched cuff design. I have to say, I am proud of it! Thanks for putting up all your starts. I never would have thought of it on my own.
    Cheers, Dawn Blair

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great minds think alike, yet different! Swirls alike, but yours will be filigree and mine will be chunkier. Cool! Looking very pretty and very wearable -- see, your frame came out just fine -- the hammer does wonders! :)

    Dawn E. Bryant

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried that yet, I stuck to the jumbo wire...heehee. I have to say, it was so obnoxiously big and bright, I had the giggles while I was weaving it. Compared to weaving around 20 or 22 gauge, the 12 gauge was like weaving around a pencil!
    Happy designing!
    - Dawn Blair

    ReplyDelete