Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Framing up a cuff

Okay, diagram and focal in hand, I began to frame up the cuff for my challenge today.

 The cuff was inspired by Alexander Damian, who used carnelian and copper, a favorite combination of mine. My friend April has been having fun with shrink plastic, bringing back my love for it, so I decided to do one of my miniature colored pencil paintings on shrink plastic as the focal for my cuff design.

Dawn and Penny, who originally started this challenge, have long since finished their cuffs, with me lagging far behind due to the lack of supplies to finish my original design. Time to play catch up!

I wanted the cuff to center around the autumn themed focal painting and appear "tendrilly," so I hammered (for strength) 16g copper wire after forming it around  the top and bottom of the focal. Then I wrapped 20g copper around it loosely to resemble tendrils.

Now the hard part was to figure out how to hold the focal in the cuff! Next post!

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant idea Dawn! I love it. Great way to showcase your art too!

    Cheers, Dawn Blair

    ReplyDelete