Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Cuff Challenge -- a whole new idea -- Alexander and April inspired

I ran out of the wire needed to finish my original cuff design, and had really wanted to do something in copper and carnelian to start with, so began the planning of a new cuff design.

I have gotten back into my miniature colored pencil paintings on shrink plastic again, so I have been tearing boxes apart at our new house trying to find the box with the computer discs full of my photos.

I wanted something with warm fall colors in it, and sadly, had lost most of those photos with a computer meltdown a few years back, but I did finally find a suitable photograph. I won a few awards with this photo a few years back, but it has been out of mind since.

So, I did a small painting, baked it to shrink it, then baked it again to soften the edges, intensify the colors and seal the back, plus add shine.

Then I sketched out the bracelet design. I wanted it to incorporate the focal, plus be "tendrilly."

This is the design I came up with, and the focal piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment