Saturday, July 24, 2010

Play time!

Since I am a beginner at bracelets and cuffs, after all, I decided to make a simple braided cuff. I used 9 wires in groups of 3. The biggest challenge on this was getting it started. The next one I make like this, I will do in all one color. I think that will make it a little easier to manage. Another challenge was keeping the wires "nested"... in other words, no gaps between the wires in each group of three. It took very controlled bending and equally controlled holding of the wires right near the bending point to get even, undulating curves. This wasn't as easy as I thought going into it. It would have been better to do it first with only three wires to get a feel for making the shape even and the bends precise. Then, I'd have done one with 6 wires, all the same color, and then on from there. I didn't have a plan for how to finish the ends. So, I have solicited advice from JL before I try my next one. I will be making more of these, that's for sure. The bracelet looks really nice on me, and with more practice....

1 comment:

  1. I love the colors in this one Dawn. Sort of like the ocean or water. I have never used the enameled wire, but looking at your colorful pieces makes me want to get some! :)

    Dawn E. Bryant

    ReplyDelete