Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Alexander inspired cuff finished, and nothing like its inspiration!

Well, continuing the story of this cuff. I made the frame so wide that I had to add a lot to fill it with some substance. I laced the looped parts together with the orange rondels, wiring them in one by one. I ran a wire through them as well, for extra stability. Then I looped the green rondels on. The center strip still wasn't wide enough, so I decided to narrow the frame at the middle, a solution that looks great and gives me the option to ad even more to the center strip later if I like. This was a difficult project for me. But I learned so much...Thanks for visiting!-Dawn Blair

4 comments:

  1. it's more beautiful as mine bracelet

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try to make a cuff that is more like your bracelet. The problem was, I looked at your bracelet and got the idea. But I didn't look closely at how you did it, and why your design choices worked so well. Thank you so much for your compliment.
    -Dawn Blair

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really nice bracelet, I love all the colour's Dawn, you would think you had been making cuffs for years. You are so talented, really. I really mean it, you are something else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so colorful and cheerful -- it would be such fun to wear!

    Dawn E. Bryant

    ReplyDelete